- 4x4 Safari Jeep (Maximum of 6 Passengers per jeep)
- Experienced Driver (Also your tracker)
- All taxes and service charges.
- Free Pickup/Drop off from/to any location within the radius of 5 KM from the Park Gate.
- Pickup/Drop off from/to any location not within a 5 KM radius of the Park Gate. (Upon request)
- Guides (Subject to availability at the time of entering the park)
- Standard Local Breakfast (LKR 500) and Standard Local Lunch (LKR 800) can be arranged upon request (24 hours prior).
- Suitable clothing for windy, rainy and warm weather conditions.
- Insect repellent and sun-protection cream are recommended items to carry.
- Cameras and any electronic devices should be securely carried at all times.
About the park:
The imposing Kala Wewa and Balalu Wewa tanks built in the 5th century BC by King Dhatusena adorns the 6000 hectare Kalawewa National Park, alongside with impressive 45 feet high standing Avukana Buddha statue built during the same era. But the centrepiece to the Park, are the star residents of the sanctuary - the tusker elephants. Of the male elephant population, only about seven per cent are tuskers. Kalawewa boasts of a high concentration of tuskers in Sri Lanka - a privilege to sight.
Kalawewa National Park is home to a great concentration of tuskers; a magnificent sighting to experience. There are also the migratory herds that enter the Park. In addition to the tuskers, large flocks of open-billed storks are a common sighting. The park has a beautiful landscape lined with massive signature Kumbuk trees. Your accompanying guide will give you additional information about the tusker safari. Specially modified and comfortable jeeps are provided for the Kalawewa safari. Customised services such as: family safaris, honeymoon safaris and photography safaris can be organised for guests.
- You will be met by the Sri Lanka Day Tours crew and your designated guide at the gate entrance to the Kalawewa National Park.
- The morning safari half day tour will commence at 6.00 a.m. while the evening half day tour will begin at 3.00 p.m.
- The Full day safari tour will commence at 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- After entering the Park, the tusker safari will begin with your guide on a strategic mission to encounter the tuskers of Kalawewa.
- You will also catch sight of numerous birds and other animals which dwell in the sanctuary.
- Your guide will share interesting facts about the flora and fauna of the Kalawewa National Park.
- If you arrive during the monsoon period (October-November) the filled up tanks will attract gatherings of animals and birds alike, amidst the kumbuk trees and vegetation.
- We will stop at certain points for you to enjoy taking photographs and take in the pristine scenery.
- At the conclusion of your tusker safari, which will be roughly around 9.00 a.m. (or 6 p.m. in the evening), you will be dropped at the park entrance.
Kalawewa National Park, AnuradhapuraGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
Cancellations and Refunds: Full Refund - Full refunds can be claimed on both Jeep cost(s) & Entrance tickets only if a cancellation request is presented in writing a full seven (07) days prior to the excursion date. No Refund - No refunds can be claimed for Jeep cost(s) if a minimum seven (07) days prior notice is not given in writing. However you can still claim a full refund on Entrance ticket costs in this situation. No Refund - No shows.